The ONE Food & Drink Export Development Programme, delivered in partnership with Scottish Development International (SDI), provides early-stage or new exporting businesses with support in developing and implementing export strategies.
The programme provides emerging, or early start food and drink exporters the opportunity to learn more about what export can be for them, what it requires to become an exporter, and helps develop both an outline Strategy and a tailored and practical Export Plan. This better prepares businesses to enter export markets and significantly increasing their chances of success.
Delivered over a 6-week period, the Export Development Programme uses a blended learning approach of face-to-face meetings, online e-learning, workshops & 1-2-1 sessions with international trade experts, Strategem. The programme is being funded by Scottish Enterprise, working with partners Scottish Development International.
The programme has two key phases:
Phase 1: Helps you create a straight-forward outline strategy, ensuring you have the fundamentals in place for exporting success. This consists of two e-learning modules, two online workshops and two online 1-2-1 advice sessions. The workshops cover the following:
• Workshop 1: Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities & Threats, Unique Selling Points, Financial Objectives & Your Company vision
• Workshop 2: Approaches to Growing Your Business, Vital Few Actions.
Phase 2: Allows you to build your own tailored export plan. This phase consists of four e-learning modules which are supported by four on-line workshops and 1-2-1 sessions. The workshops cover the following:
• Workshop 1: Export Planning, Market Research, Selling Services & Selecting Target Markets.
• Workshop 2: Legal Issues, Routes to Market, International Business Partners & Marketing.
• Workshop 3: Digital Marketing: E-commerce & International Marketplaces.
• Workshop 4: Exporting Products, Incoterms, Costing and Pricing & Getting Paid.
These workshops are ideal for businesses either ready to enter the export markets, or those considering if export is right for them.
ONE is currently recruiting for the programme which commences 28th September 2023.
Register your interest by contacting, Gary McDonald (Gary.McDonald@opportunitynortheast.com)
Places are limited and you will be notified if you have been successful at securing a place.
Your privacy matters to us so if you want to find out more on how we keep your data safe, view our Privacy Notice or talk to ONE direct.