Opportunity North East is seeking to appoint a Food Hub Director, who will lead on the development and delivery of the Food Hub innovation project, including the development of the detailed £20 million business case and approval for £10 million capital funding via the Aberdeen City Region Deal.
The Food Hub is an investment project over 10 years to accelerate growth and innovation of existing businesses, as well as start-ups, by building on the strengths of the food and drink industry in the north-east of Scotland through a consumer focused, customer driven approach.
The Hub will position Aberdeen and the north-east as a beacon of both the UK and international food and drink industries. It will be a destination of choice for new start-ups, attracted by the buzz of excitement generated by like-minded new companies developing market focused products, using the most up to date market intelligence and deploying leading edge technology in production. The Director will be an inspirational individual with a skillset capable of delivering on the ambition for this project. They will bring entrepreneurial leadership and strategic vision to the Food Hub, its staff and its regional partners, advancing the reputation of the overall organisation. The Director will:
- Provide focus on action and delivery turning the business case into a reality through early stages of design and build into final operation of the Hub
- Develop and oversee delivery of a business development strategy for the Food Hub which is able to maximise opportunities to raise income
- Be responsible for all financial, administrative, reporting and legal issues in the operation of the Food Hub
- Degree qualified with experience gained in a food manufacturing organisation, ideally in a branded products environment and with international markets
- Knowledge and experience of delivering successful innovation within the food sector (Industry 4.0)
- Experience of delivering a design and build project plus demonstrable ability to create and develop start-up businesses or new business units within a larger organization.
Please click here for further information, candidate brief and application details www.odgers.com/66593